The mission of FORTH-ICS is to conduct basic, applied and technological research, the development of applications and products, rendering of services and marketing products in the areas of its activity, as well as the connection of its activities with the needs of the Greek and European economy and society.
To serve the aforementioned purpose, the management of FORTH-ICS recognizes the risks that threaten the Information Security and are produced and handled in the context of the Institute’s activities, and provides all the necessary resources in order to apply an Information Security Management System in accordance with the international standard ISO 27001:2013.
The commitment to Information Security, which results to avoid incidents that can affect the Information Security, is implemented through the following individual steps:
- Protection of assets and information involved in the services of the Institute from any threat, internal or external, deliberate or accidental,
- Regular evaluation and assessment of risks related to information security that lead to correct and timely management,
- Secure development and maintenance procedures for applications, systems and services,
- Backup data, virus and malicious intrusion protection, access control in the systems, logging of all security incidents and management of unexpected situations,
- Continual training in Information Security for the management and the staff,
- Control of transmitted and exchanged information and data,
- Protection of the Institute’s interests and people who involve with it and trust it,
- Immediate and effective handling of incidents and security breaches,
- Encourage internal and external communication about Information Security issues,
- Commitment to the full compliance with the Information Security Policies and the national and EU legislation.
The Institute is committed for trying the continual improvement of the Information Security Management System in order to offer high levels of information security to all involved.